Thursday, December 18, 2014

Update: New home: the Borough life for me!

Over a year has passed since my last post. So much has happened: The Navy moved us from Hampton Roads, VA to Central, PA around Harrisburg in May 2013. October 2014 we closed on a cute old house in the Borough of Camp Hill. I LOVE Camp Hill. People walk everywhere, kids play outside, cafes, local shops, cool old homes-no cookie cutters here! We have a lot of remodeling-updating to do. I will post pics sometime later.

Here are a few to get your taste-buds wet:




 

We ripped up the ugly green the carpet in all the rooms. There were beautiful hardwood floors under everything except the addition-bonus room. I will paint the subfloor soon until we have the cash to properly tile it with wood looking tile like in the kitchen. The kitchen is the next project-it has got to go! We have the cabinets ready just need to be assembled and put in. Backsplash is picked out and wood-looking tile floor selected as well. Just need to find the time and make sure our contractor friend Chris can help with the remodel. I love the built in book shelf in the den and the small patio by the porch and garage.

Steve and I went to Sweden in September just the two of us. I will have to do a detailed post on it But for now here are a few of my favorite pictures:


More to come!

No comments: